Friday, September 27, 2013

They were in my way.

I always do this.  All of a sudden, I'll realize something is in my way and right then, I have to do something about it.  It doesn't matter what else I'm doing, whatever I've decided has caused me grief must pay.  And today, they were boxes.  They've been in the garage in my way for weeks (months), they've been blocking the cabinet doors to all of my fall decorations, they even make it difficult to get to the mail collection.  But today of all days, I decided to conquer them.


How?


I listed them on Craigslist.  That was my big payback, my revenge.


And just like that, I had an e-mail box full of takers.  Really?  Boxes?!  It's just cardboard! Well, that certainly beats cutting them up so they'll fit in the recycling can...


The fun part was trying to figure out how to get them out of the garage without traipsing throughout the house with them.  Sure, I have a garage door opener.  But the neighbors don't need to know our garage is still full of more junk than it should be, right?  Well, I opened it just enough and started randomly shoving boxes underneath.  All forty plus of them.



Fortunately this afternoon, one tall, slender redhead in a business dress with a short, tight skirt and heels came to take my boxes to be her very own.  No men were around to drool as she loaded her car with the miscreant cardboard.  I helped her, not looking nearly as tall or slender, and definitely not wearing heels and a short dress.  But regardless, I couldn't wait for those boxes to depart!


And now all of my fall decorations?  It's going to be so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment