Sunday, September 29, 2013

I've been waiting for her ET moment.

As a child, it was pretty much the only thing I remembered from first watching ET at the age of four in a drive-in.  I remember ET hiding in the stuffed animals, and it was enough to make me want an ET of my very own.  Which by the way, never happened.


For whatever reason, I started dumping The Redhead's stuffed animals on her bedroom floor, underneath her loft bed.  We have boxes (big boxes, embarrassingly large amounts of these things) stacked in her room and in the garage, knowing full well these are The Redhead's oxygen.  Out of any toy she has ever owned, stuffed animals are her favorite.  They're her Cabbage Patch Dolls, her Barbies, her action figures, her American Girl Doll, all the things I wish she'd play with.  But instead we have these.  And lots of them.





We both feel terribly guilty it's taken us this long.  We knew better.  We knew how much these guys (and gals) meant to her.  And still mean to her.  They all have names and joys and faults.  Personalities.  And now they've been unleashed.  Finally.  After how long....?

But none of that matters anymore because I have my ET moment.












And now we have a new project to start!  Because all of those stuffed animals have to go somewhere...





No comments:

Post a Comment