Monday, September 23, 2013

There just aren't words...

One accidental right click this evening opened up a multitude of emotions.  That accidental right click exposed the properties of a photo and to my surprise (mostly horror) it said it was only 1.3 mb.  Huh?  How is that possible?  So then I started clicking on all sorts of photographs, and as I kept holding back the tears, I realized all sorts of my photographs from recent weeks...and more...were of a much lesser resolution than intended.  I kept going back and dated it to midday on Harry Potter's birthday...which also happened to be MY birthday.  Somehow that day, my photographs went from the highest quality to....the worst.  It certainly explains why the last few Photoshop projects didn't go quite as smoothly as normal.  I know I should be happy I caught it now....but it doesn't change the fact that our first day of school photos will never be able to be enlarged.  That all the amount of editing in the world will never make up for the small file size.  I treasure photos more than my material possessions.  They ARE my possessions.  They're my memories.  And the memories may still be there, the photos may still exist, but I'm a person that thinks sharing a photo that's out of focus is worse than not sharing a photo at all.  I've avoided cameras on cell phones because of their low quality.



At least it's fixed now, but it doesn't fix all of the photos already taken.  It doesn't fix the utter despair I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment