Thursday, September 19, 2013

I threw their box in the recycling.

It took only ten and a half years in the making, but I finally unveiled these glasses from our wedding in 2003, which I'm fairly certain have barely seen the light of day, and placed them in the dated built in hutch in our new dining area.  And then I recycled their box.  And then I recycled boxes to other things, other glassware, the ice bucket kit box, my espresso mug box, among others.

So why is this relevant?


Because I never take these things out of their boxes.  And not only do I keep them in their boxes, and have never used most of these items; if I do, I put them back inside.  Because that's what I do.  The Redhead's toys always look new because they go right back in their box, and when we give them away, they always look brand new.  Well, because they usually are...

And I'm sure I'm not the only person who saves boxes or uses them to store things, but sometimes this compulsion keeps me from using these items.  Or it just means I have a stack of empty boxes somewhere.  And I just don't have room for all of that.  My current kitchen is probably a third of the size of my Kansan one.  Regardless though, I'm attempting to evolve out of my box...and just recycle it instead.



There's always a chance I'll retrieve the boxes within a couple days.  But I'm hoping I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment