Monday, September 9, 2013

My Poor Chairs

I have some obscene obsession with my dining room table set.  It's the only furniture related item I said had to come to California.  And then I kept thinking I'd have to leave it behind anyway, because finding a house to fit it has always been harder than one might think.  It didn't exactly fit in our house in Kansas, and we bought the house before we bought the table.



And I love the chairs that came with the table.



And apparently, so does the cat.  And my chairs may never be the same.






I still haven't found all the furniture I want, so sometimes these chairs end up in other rooms besides hanging out with the table.  And the cat always manages to find them.




The funny thing that happened when the set was delivered to our house in Kansas many years ago, the delivery guy told me that if any scratches happened, just use a Sharpie.  And I replied, "Is that what you did?"  And he started stuttering, not getting my humor, and was all, "uh, uh, well, uh, I...was just telling you that.  I just wanted to tell you that."  And then he dashed out of the house.




Well, we're going to be using a lot of Sharpies now.

No comments:

Post a Comment