Saturday, September 28, 2013

I talked myself into it.

I wondered if this would happen after a brief text conversation that happened a couple days ago.  Someone asked if we were having our annual Halloween bash.  I stated, "probably not," and they commented "too soon, huh?".  And I was afraid at that moment, that knowing me, I would talk myself into it.  Either to be contrary, prove that I could, or just because it reminded me.  And if you know me, I love challenges, I love proving and disproving theories, and most of all, I absolutely love throwing parties.  Adore.  Live for.  The reason for my existence.  I even made it work the year my husband had been out of work for two months and no one even knew, and the party didn't look like anything had happened- a combination of ingenuity and the prior year's clearance finds.
























And although it won't be the same without the unwavering assistance from my fabulous friend A, our Kansas deck, our creepy basement, the big grill, or the things that were in our other yard.....we're doing it anyway.  Because after all, it's tradition. And most of all, it's a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment