Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Playing with Burlap

Burlap is such a fun fabric!  It goes well with my industrial, French Country, farmhouse, vintage obsessions.  And it's just....awesome.  I love the texture.  I love the look.



I don't, however, love the smell. Or rather, how it feels to breathe in.  Everyone knows what I mean.  Well, add in some asthma, another lung issue, and an allergy that makes my hands swell when I'm playing with it, and you have a recipe for disaster.  And I couldn't just make it once. I made the same wreath with three different kinds of burlap.  And then went back to the option I liked best.  Because I can't just allow anything to just be.  My lungs were burning and will continue to burn for days, I'm sure.  And I would do it all again in a heartbeat...just to get this.







I made it with the intention of changing it up for different seasons, so the fall flowers are only tucked in.  I don't have room to store all the hundreds of wreaths I long to make, so I have to be flexible.  Which is also frugal.


And it's gorgeous.



I love fall.  I love dressing this new house up for fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment