Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 8: The little mint that could



In case you're the person sitting waiting to see what today brought...




Or the cat that doesn't care....





It brought a lovely smelling bowl of oranges.




Okay, so that's what yesterday brought.





 Today was the day I was finally making my peppermint patties.  I started them before 9:30.  But I don't know if the recipe was bad or what, but it didn't go as planned.  Over time, I almost doubled the cream cheese, I lost track how much powdered sugar I had to use, and even after over an hour of mixing, it didn't look like this was going to work out.  I didn't think it'd ever get to the right consistency.  Then my mixer decided to not work properly (RIP 12-13 year old mixer).





I spent almost an hour mixing by hand and it finally started taking shape. By 11:30 and one blister later, the mints were finally formed and in the fridge.





By this point, it was still too soon to tell if my "won't give up" mentality was working for me.




And I was certainly sore over the mixer.




What's funny, is that it wasn't even the barely-could-stir-it consistency yet.  Nope.  It was runny goo.





So I'm guessing now that the mixer just wasn't "mint" to make this project.





But I was.  I suppose.




I thoroughly enjoyed adding the chocolate.




That meant I had finally gotten to the almost-finish line.




The messy ones are ones I can eat.







After The Redhead's vocal recital, I put them in mini cupcake liners, stacked them up, and they were ready to go.










And then I had to go find a new mixer.  After searching in a store, I finally ordered one.  It should arrive Friday.  This is where I'm really glad I own a backup mixer.  I'm not sure if I'll ever make these mints again, but I certainly won't forget them.


No comments:

Post a Comment