Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 15: Cheesecake & Chaos





Last Thursday, I had a massive to-do list.  I was getting everything done for the school for Friday before winter break.





 I also took some time to try a gingerbread cheesecake recipe.  First, I had to make a batch of gingersnaps for the crust.  Why I chose this particular recipe the very day I had so many other things to do, I will never know.  But I did.  I don't always make sense.








Then I tossed them in the blender.



It dawned on me too late that I crushed far more cookies than needed.  But it was too late to undo what could not be undone.




With the help of some butter, those crumbs made the perfect crust.  They baked for five minutes and we were closer to the better stuff.





My new Kitchen-Aid was all for the better stuff.









They looked fantastic.  Ignore the pan though.  It has been through a lot.  I think I know how that feels.  It's all worth it though. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment