Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 11: My Pans May Never Recover


A little back story about me: I like knowing how to do things.  Anything.  It doesn't matter how mundane or how complicated the task, I like knowing how to do it.  Myself.  I don't necessarily make it a hobby or a career path.  I just want to know how.  Once I learn how, I usually move on.  


That's the best part about making peanut brittle tonight.  I can now move on.



However, I'm just not sure the same can be said for my sauce pans and spoons.




It started off okay with sugar, Karo syrup, and water in an old saucepan.




And I just waited.  And waited for something to happen.






And then it did.  And that something was sticky.  Like marshmallow and cornflakes sticky.







I was afraid I had screwed up though after watching a Martha Stewart clip, so I started another batch.  Martha said not to stir it and cause air bubbles.  So in the second batch, I followed her tips.  Luckily, I had lots of Karo syrup.




Meanwhile, I kept this pan going just in case.




This was the color of baby poo, and I didn't know how to handle that.




This was half of the second batch.  The first batch was so thick, I was afraid we screwed it up.  So we split the second one up.



The second pan of the second batch was fine.



The first batch I had deemed a lost cause.  Turns out I was wrong again.  It was actually the best.





I cannot say the same for my pans.












And even though I didn't think it would happen, Mister Man has peanut brittle for the office tomorrow.




By some miracle.






I just hope they don't expect me to make it ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment