Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day 4: Oh Fudge...of many varieties

I've had fudge on my mind.  Around here, that typically means our little mop of a dog, The Perpetual Toddler.  Her actual name is Fudge, and trust me, you don't want to eat her.  Although, we've made a lot of jokes lately about it.  Every time I bring up making some Fudge....or "do you think your coworkers would like eating fudge?" everyone has to laugh about the little dog.  Although I'm fairly certain that the little dog isn't laughing too.


I kept seeing this video being passed around on Facebook that said, "watch what happens when she pours condensed milk over these chocolate chips."  Guess what?  Not a science experiment.  The world doesn't explode, the chocolate chips don't get up and dance.  No fireworks.  Nope.  But it was a recipe for fudge, a simple one, so I thought it would be worth trying.



I haven't made fudge in at least a few years.  I don't really like fudge.  Fudge or Fudge.  It's too rich, and well, the other is a little dog.  And I prefer big dogs, except today.  Considering our large furry beast ate something important off of my giant Boyd's Christmas bear, we're not on speaking terms.  However, I found a recipe once for fudge that I did sort of like.  It wasn't as rich, and it tasted perhaps fluffier.  



So....I decided to make both versions.  The Facebook video one...and the fluffy one.  One involves condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips.  The other involves Baker's chocolate, butter, water, chocolate pudding, and lots and lots of powdered sugar...and an extra layer of semi-sweet chocolate on top for kicks.


And my favorite part?  So many textures to photograph.






















I decided to cut these into squares and place them in cupcake liners for convenience.  Maybe I'll try one of the other fudge recipes I've seen from the Pinterestese sometime soon.  Eggnog Fudge.  Mint Fudge.  The list goes on.  But until then, Mister Man's coworkers can decide which recipe they like better.  If they'll even notice. The important thing though is that I noticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment