Sunday, July 14, 2013

It made me laugh.

We spent the day shopping out in Folsom, CA and stopped by Kirkland's before heading to lunch.  We'd never ever eaten at Johnny Rocket's until today.  There's one near our condo in Daytona, but we've never stopped by.  How did we not know it was a diner?!   Well, we have finally eaten there and it was delicious, the staff danced and sang some R-E-S-P-E-C-T, we put a nickel in the machine and Monster Mash-ed, and we eventually made it back to Kirkland's, because there was something that just kept me laughing.


And I had to have it.




I mean, I really had to have it.  It's all we could talk about.  It had us rolling and we weren't even on the river.  And I'm a master of talking myself out of purchases, but this was one I needed.  And then we bought some throw pillows too.



Having it on my wall is even better!!  It won't stay there, but there was a nail already in the dining room wall, so I put it there for safe keeping...and viewing.  How can you look at that without smiling?  Seriously?!  Can you?  And no playing Devil's Advocate!


I keep grinning.  And I need that.  I needed that art.  I needed the smile.  I needed the laugh.  The thought of owning two homes, renting one out, all the new changes, all the stuff I have to unpack (once it finally arrives!), is enough to send me spiraling into a panic attack.  And I'm not exaggerating.  I'm practically hyperventilating just thinking about it.  And then I see that mustache and suddenly all I can do is smile and laugh.  And think about the reaction it'll get out of people when it's in the guest room.  ...Or the living room?


I'm glad my husband encouraged me to buy it (and at $19.95 it was well worth the price of our joy).  It's truly in his best interest.  It doesn't help his case when I worry and analyze all the changes.  The more he can keep me smiling, the better.  And again, how can you not smile and laugh at that canvas?  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment