Thursday, July 25, 2013

It wasn't going to take much.

When looking at houses in this area in California, Mister Man kept seeing a lot of galley kitchens.  And leaving our Kansan kitchen was going to be hard enough (there was sooooooooooooooo much storage!), we didn't need to add insult to injury.  So when he came across this kitchen, he knew he'd found a gem and someone had already done some updating.  Sure...we would've chosen different cabinets, sure we wouldn't have chosen those appliances, but we're not those people in episodes of House Hunters.  We can live with these.  But there was one change I had to do immediately...




No, I wasn't going to put up with the gold fixtures.  Those needed to go and they needed to go because that was THE EASIEST switch ever!  I didn't even have to put in new holes or change out their screws!



We needed less than twenty five knobs for the house, which was perfect because Overstock.com (my new favorite online store!) had packs of twenty five for very reasonable costs!  I barely spent $50 for new hardware for throughout the house!  And FREE shipping!  And QUICK shipping, I just ordered them on Monday!!!!!! (I also bought a pack of ten handles and hardware for the built-in hutch.)


Our Kansan kitchen has a LOT more hardware than that, so that was one plus to this whole move.  Such an easy update at such a little cost.  And I had enough for our bathroom too!




Again, the knobs were so easy to switch out.  The handles were a different story, but we'll get to those eventually.  No rush.  Really....

No comments:

Post a Comment