Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Interim Couch

I loved my old couch.  It was big, brown, deep, and it could hide a stain like no other.  I spent a reasonable amount of money on it, it withstood a lot, and it had a forgivable color and texture.



And then we sold it for $50 so we could move.  And while it was probably worth more, I really just needed it gone, because we didn't have the space to take it with us.  I would have even given it away.  And it was almost ten years old, even though it didn't look it.  It had aged well.  Mostly because of the color and texture.


So I've been sitting on lots of couches since being on California soil.  I've perused many styles on Overstock.com and Wayfair.  But I just haven't found anything that screams "buy me," or the price tag to convince me to actually do so.  Or anything online that has been worth betting on.





I'm looking for the couch I can have in ten years.  But I haven't found it yet.





So I did what I was afraid I'd do.  I have settled.  And I'm hoping this is a temporary sort of settling.  Which is a heavy gamble with someone like me who greatly dislikes change.  But for $269, it can perhaps buy me some time until I find the couch or couches worth buying, the couches I actually want, the ones I have yet to find.  The ones that will work for all of us.  With forgiving fabric.  And a style that will last.


So until then, this will have to do.  So no matter how much the cat claws at it, the stuff that will be spilled on it, and how it's not nearly as comfortable as our old one (not even close), this is our new couch.  For now.  Until we find the one worth buying.  Worth investing in.  Worth really sitting on.














We can live with it.  But we've already lived with less the last two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment