Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'm taking the old lady OUT.

There are things about this house that just scream "old lady."  I'm not trying to be offensive, but there are.  Plenty.  And maybe it's because "an old lady" lived here.  She was in her mid eighties and she'd lived here since the sixties.  It was her house to decorate however she wanted FOR DECADES.


Regardless, I live here now and as long as these curtains were going to scream "old lady" at me, they had to evacuate the premises.




Now, after putting up this $6.99 valance from Tuesday Morning, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the length of it, but you know what?  I still like it better than those elder butterflies.  And I don't plan on leaving this house ANYTIME soon, so I have plenty of time to either get used to the length, or change it.  I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment