Saturday, July 6, 2013

How did we not know this was going to happen?

I said I was just stopping into Petsmart to get a business card.  It's Saturday.  We were already out, on our way to lunch and a Despicable sequel.  Surely some group will be inside the store adopting out cats and will have a business card so we can contact them when we're ready to get a cat.  When we're ready...


Because they have cats.



How did we not see this coming?



Of course, The Redhead did what any child wanting a kitten would do as they are surrounded by cats, over twenty of them being kittens.  Yes, I counted.   And yes, she did what any child would do in her situation.  She did what I somehow didn't see coming.  She found a kitten.  A kitten of her very own.  A fuzzy, homely looking kitten, with longer fur (which we said was against the rules, prior to ever seeing the cats).  And nothing I could say or do was going to change her mind.  Trust me, I tried.  And Mister Man let me, because he refused to get involved in this.


And this is what you could hear inside Petsmart today, at 11am.



"Please, please, I'll do anything, anything, for her.  Please.  I'll do anything.  I love her and she loves me."





Over and over and over again.




Why did I even let her hold it?  Let her see it?  Why did we stop here again?!


FOR A BUSINESS CARD.  ONLY FOR A BUSINESS CARD.



"Please, I'll do anything.  Anythinggggggggg.  I love her and she loves me."

Over and over and over again.


So, of course, we went to lunch, trying BJ's Brewhouse for the first time and seeing a Despicable sequel that was anything but despicable.


Oh... and yeah, we have a new family member.  Alexandra.  Two days after arriving here. And we don't even have our belongings yet.  Or a couch.  Or beds fully put together.


 Shut it.









































No comments:

Post a Comment