Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oh Harry, it's your Birthday

For Harry Potter's birthday, The Redhead and I ditched the neighborhood playmate, even though he didn't want us to.  His parents are busy moving and we were a great place for him to hang.  We moved in, and here they're moving out.  But I'm sorry.  Today of all days, we had plans.



And The Redhead and I went to see a Despicable sequel.  Again.  We enjoy seeing movies together, cramming in all the kid flicks before school starts.  Well, okay, she enjoys cramming all the kid flicks in.  I, on the other hand, yeah, it's just an excuse to get out of the house.



Once we left the movie theater, I turned my phone back on and received this cryptic call about flowers being delivered to a neighbor's house and how she was holding on to them for me.  Strange ransom call?  Apparently, the delivery man didn't want to leave them at the door, so he went door to door looking for an innocent victim who was home that would flowersit.  This is new.  And a deliveryman did this with another package once.  In Kansas, if you're not home, they just leave whatever it was on the doorstep.  And if you have to sign for it, you get a nasty threat about how you have two more attempts.







And if those weren't beautiful enough, then Mister Man brought me this.  From Ikea.



Something else made it in time for Harry Potter's birthday as well.



Imagine my disappointment if these hadn't made it in time for wearing on my birthday.  And Harry's.




A trip to the Cheesecake Factory, a quick stop by Target for a 21 & Over movie, and I can honestly say birthdays are much better in California than they ever were in the Midwest.  And that's a worthwhile change.

No comments:

Post a Comment