Saturday, September 6, 2014

So Much Glue Too

Last September, I stumbled upon some glue on clearance.  It was unexpectedly 70% off, while the rest of the school supplies were not.  I was beyond elated at this discovery.  Flash forward a year, and I was equally delighted.







Although they were marked 27 cents, they ended up being 13 cents a pack.  Glue bottles have not been marked down at any stores I've visited this year, but I had every intention to buy enough for the entire classroom anyway, just as I had the year before.  Imagine my surprise when they ended up being twenty cents!  Sure, I paid less last year.  But when you expect to pay full price, even at 39 cents, twenty cents is quite the drop.  It is a lot of glue, but in a classroom of 34 students, it's hardly enough.







The best part?  Thanks to another blogger, I found a new Target right in our area.  Between some time last year and now, it has been built.  It's really nice!  They have been the only store thus far to have these reams of paper $1.75.



 It has also been the only store I found two packs of Expo dry erase markers.  And at 28 cents a pack, yes, I bought all nine packages.  I wasn't going to wait for them to drop further in price, although I'm not sure I believe their original price of 58 cents, since that would make them much cheaper than the price of four packs.  Eighteen dry erase markers cost me $2.52!!!  The price of four would have been at least $3!  At these prices, it's even easier to help out The Redhead's class without batting an eyelash.  It's not much, but for a teacher, it can be.  It also piqued the cat's curiosity.




















No comments:

Post a Comment