Monday, September 29, 2014

Another Cat

Ever since that stray tabby has been hanging around, I have threatened to bring it in, or get a second cat.  And Mister Man told me to go ahead.  He told me I could have my own cat!  MY OWN!



I wasn't even in the market for my own cat....




But he said I could have one, and well, who can pass up that opportunity.





It finally rained here last Thursday, and our little neighborhood stray didn't like the rain.  I thought if it followed me home, I was going to have no choice but to give it shelter.  But it didn't follow me.  And then on Friday, we saw it with another neighbor on our street.  Apparently it likes to visit many households.  It's a friendly feline, after all.



And then on Sunday, this happened.




Technically it happened last week, briefly visiting the fence, then dashed away.



I thought it would dash away again....




But then this happened....




It saw The Redhead.




And well, the rest is history.




The Redhead found a new friend.




A silky soft friend.


That seems to love children.




Or at least this child.



But, before you wonder if it's actually ours...




Alas, that fuchsia colored collar with the jingle bells tells me that sweet little feline belongs to someone else.




Even if it did try to claim The Redhead for its very own.




It really liked her.



Really, really liked her.


Even going as far as....


Down.




Yeah, it jumped down, off the fence.




And when I tried putting it back on the fence, it jumped right back down.





So, wondering if the cat would indeed be able to get back out of our yard, I did what any reasonable person would do in my situation.  I told The Redhead to release The Kraken.  And I didn't even know that dog could run.  But she did.  I also didn't know she would have a problem with the cat, but apparently she doesn't like feline trespassers in the back yard.  And boy could that cat run too.  Escaping was not an issue.  It used its claws right up the telephone pole and away it went.  It came back within minutes and was waiting at our back door, staring up with its gorgeous eyes.  Until the big beast saw it.  And then repeat...


No comments:

Post a Comment