Thursday, June 12, 2014

Egyptian Fun





First off, I'd like to know where these little kits were LAST YEAR when we threw our Egyptian Party for The Redhead's 9th Birthday.  Because, um, they're awesome.  And I didn't know whether to dance a jig in the Dollar Tree when I discovered them, or throw a tantrum because I didn't get to purchase them last year.  Also, we found them at a store near Yosemite, and I don't buy just anything on vacation to take home with us.  It has to be a fabulous purchase to get to ride in the car home.



And The Redhead and I decided this could be considered a fun thing to do on this beautiful summer day.  Even though she finished it within minutes.  She cheated.  She informed me she used "The Gordian method," and those were exact words.  And when I seemed confused, she told me this splendid story (and I'm just going to summarize) of the Gordian Knot and how this guy cheated using a sword cutting the knot, but it was effective, and he found a way around the challenge to become king.  And that's what she decided to do.  She saw the crack in the back, broke it in half and got the little golden sarcophagus out.  And it didn't bother her in the slightest.  She was proud.  And she still thought it was fun.  I was too busy getting over the shock of being schooled by this child of mine.




 And as amazing as those kits would have been for our Egyptian bash on June 8th of last year (held over a month earlier than her actual birthday due to our move), I'm curious how many of those kids and parents would have known about "The Gordian Method."  Either way, The Redhead does love Egypt.  And I love that I can always count on her for culture, curiosity, and adventure.  And when it comes to me...you can count on photos.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment