Wednesday, June 11, 2014

99 Reasons: Nice! Sunglasses

After my Tuesday tradition of a movie, I stopped by a certain store on my way to get some late night groceries.  I wouldn't normally get groceries at that time, but well, I was this week.  I had seen online that people had found sunglasses at a certain store and there they were.  I was so giddy over these.  All these gorgeous pairs priced originally at $14.99-$21.99 and I was getting them for a $1!!





Now here's the humiliating admission, besides buying cheap sunglasses.  Last year, out of desperation, I took out a pair of AE sunglasses from my purse, a pair I had bought on clearance, and I put them on over my glasses.  My eyes were burning so terribly from the sun, that I didn't care if someone driving beside me saw my fashion mishap.  It was either I look as unfashionably unstable as usual...or I wreck.  It was a simple choice, in my opinion.  That's when I discovered that those large fashionable, buggy-eyed looking sunglasses that I used to make fun go nicely over regular glasses.  That was such a blessing as I never remember to actually have my prescription sunglasses with me.  Then again, I don't always remember to have sunglasses with me at all, and my AE ones have since been scratched up in my purse and impossible to look through.



Then Mister Man was curious about all of my new sunglasses this afternoon and I told him all about what I do, even though it's just slightly embarrassing.  He was thoroughly impressed and decided he needed some new shades too.  Well, I'm always looking for an excuse to head there and this time I finally discovered the same shades at the store closest to us.  Which meant I needed even more pairs.  And I bought him some too.  I felt really bad for him when I realized he's been dealing with the sunlight on his own.  He left his prescription sunglasses in a rental car back in 2010 and hasn't replaced them since.  Well, now it looks like my unfashionable trend has caught on...to him.  We can be unstylish together.


No comments:

Post a Comment