Sunday, January 25, 2015

Because Every Blog Needs a Top Ten

Whether you actually read my blog or not or just peruse the photos, I have decided to make a list of my favorite posts from 2014.  In no particular order.  Maybe you've read them.  Maybe you haven't.  Maybe you just sneak a peek at the blog from time to time to say you've seen it.  Or see if I'm typing about you.  I doubt I am.  And I doubt you care.  Maybe you came here to find out how to raise llamas on your farm.  Or clean your sink drain.  Regardless of your motives, here is my list of my favorite posts:

























You will notice a trend with that list.  They aren't full of pictures or "this is what we did today.  And here are the photos."  By the way, I hate those kinds of posts. I find them boring and forced.  Those posts listed are not just party photos.  Or recipes.  Or crafts.  They're glimpses of my eccentric personality.  And it's not that my eccentric personality doesn't like parties, photos, baking, crafting, or anything in between.  I like all that, actually.  But I also like expressing myself and typically, I only give details of my day because it is expected.  Or share photos because people want to see them instead of on Facebook.  2015 may start to have more of what I want this blog to be.  I haven't decided if I'm quite growing that backbone yet.  But I might be.  Not because I mind that certain people want to find out about things, I don't mind sharing. Really.  But writing can be quite cathartic for me.  I like being funny.  I like rambling.  I like diatribes.  I like my tangents.  And I think those are quite more interesting than photos from the beach.


Although, the beach is nice too.




I found a few posts I loved from 2013 too.














So read them, or don't.  It's okay either way.  The world won't explode.  Or implode.  Or maybe it will.  I'm not a psychic.  All I know is that I'd prefer more of the funny and less of the boring.  And I'm thinking it might be time to make that happen.  Facebook is better suited for the photos.  Although, I do like funny Facebook statuses too.  I don't know, I'm still thinking.  So while I do that, you can get to reading.  Or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment