Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cropped Pants & Boyfriend Jeans

In a matter of two weeks, I have gone from four pairs of the exact same cropped pants from Kohl's, to merely one pair.  And I know it's only a matter of time before I'm at zero.  I don't want to hit zero.



Somehow, those cropped pants have been "out of season" since probably May or so.  How can that be, I will never know.  I'll have to wait until they show back up in January, about the time all the swimsuits are arriving in stores.  Because that's what everyone wants to buy in January.  Swimsuits.  And shorts.  And capris.  And flip flops.



So, while I'm running on empty as far as my summer pants go, and enjoying these 90 degree days here in Northern California, I was in dire need of some new pants.  Cropped pants were obviously out of season, and I hate wearing the perfectly fine shorts that are waiting in my dresser drawers.  The only option was to head back to Kohl's.  I had been putting this off, as shopping for clothes for myself is one of my least favorite activities.  Right along with waterboarding.  Actually, I think I enjoy waterboarding far more.



I couldn't find anything I wanted at Kohl's aside from a pair of slacks and a pair of boyfriend jeans I kept carrying around.  After trying them on three times, I put them back anyway, handed some lady with an armful of clothing my 20% off coupon, and left the store.  Clothes shopping is my version of the devil.



By that evening, after hours of thinking it over, I headed back to Kohl's with a freshly printed 20% off coupon.  I found the exact pants and jeans from before, and grabbed another pair of boyfriend jeans in a darker wash.  I spent $57 total and earned $10 Kohl's cash.  Of course, if it hadn't been for my pal Google, I never would have returned.  Why?  Because I had to make sure people my age could even wear boyfriend jeans.  Yes, you will find "appropriate age boyfriend jeans" in my Google browser history and apparently I'm not the first, nor last, to have looked up such a thing.



The fact I care about this says a lot about me.  The fact I had to turn to Google for approval is a bit humiliating, but I worry about things like this.  I lack fashion sense, and I don't want to be that thirty five year old woman dressing like a fifteen year old, deliberately or not.  And while I'm sure I look like someone's grandmother in my khaki cropped pants, I don't care.  Why I don't care about that, yet care about wearing jeans too young for me...well, your guess is as good as mine.  The important thing though is I have pants again, and that's everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment