Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A New New Year

I've been vacant from my blog.  I suppose I have started 2015 blog-free.  Not intentionally, these things just work out that way.  I won't offer any excuses because it's my blog.  I can post when I want.



I've learned I can't do just everything I want though.  World domination appears to be out.





Also.....so was this card.





I told The Redhead I would be using a baby photo I took a decade ago.  She kept saying, "BURN IT," and I used it anyway.  That wasn't what she found so appalling though.  She actually liked the baby photo after all.  But she hated the card.  Apparently, it's okay to make psychotic faces when your mother is forcing you to pose for New Year's photos.  However, it is not okay to then use those psychotic faces for the actual cards.  She said, "You could have told ME."  



Told her what?



That she looked insane?  Oh please.  She enjoys sabotaging photo sessions.  That's most of her fun.  But I suppose it's all fun and games until your crazy faces are staring back at you...knowing full well they're going to print and mailed to your family and teachers.





So, I made a second version all the while she kept saying, "I'm sorry I'm making you make a new one, but yeah, thank you."  It was difficult since most of the photos from New Year's were crazy-mouthed.  I finally unearthed something.  This version had The Redhead's approval.






So here's hoping the rest of 2015 goes well, even if it takes at least two versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment