Sunday, May 25, 2014

That time I had to do ALL the Laundry

ALL of it.



At least the laundry in our bedroom closet.  The ones in the dresser were fine, fortunately.  The clean towels piled in a basket, however, were not fine.  And also need washed.  Again.



But I now have four stacks of laundry.  At least.  And each stack is not just one load.  Oh no.  Not at all.  And then after it is all washed, it will of course, need put away.  Joy. So.much.joy.






Did I mention my in laws are coming on Tuesday to stay with us?





I know I'm not the only one that pushes themselves to get a ton of things done, including things that no one cares about, all in anticipation of guests.  And this is the first time we're having guests staying with us for a period of time.  It has little to do with them, but more so that feeling you get where you want to make sure everything is as perfect as you think it should be.  And just as I thought maybe, just maybe I would get everything done, this happened.




This being that time Mister Man decided to choose the Tuesday before his parents came to sand our bedroom walls, the walls that used to have wood paneling on them, until he randomly decided one day to remove it, the walls that have had that nasty vomit-like glue stuck on them for months and months.  Those walls.  And on Tuesday, he decided to sand them.  However, he did not cover anything.  ANYTHING.  Or close our bathroom door.  Or close our closet door.  Or move anything out of the room.  So anything in there or opened has felt the aftermath of that sanding.  An inch or two of white powdery dust occupying every tiny little space and belonging in our room.  And our bathroom.  And most importantly, our closet.  Where all of our clothes are.




I have waited until he was finished with this disaster before I would finally start washing everything.  It feels like we moved again.  Things are ruined.  Forever.  Things need washed.  And I'll be cleaning and dusting and breathing funny for an incredibly long time.  I also have to wipe down every single hanger of ours.  I know he feels bad about it.  But it doesn't change the fact I have a lot of work to do.  A lot of work I didn't originally have to do.  Work that is now added to my massive to-do list.





To top that stress off and all the laundry, I have a rash, only on my left arm and hand, as well as infected cuts all over my hand, from some evil weed I killed out last night while gardening.  Its toxic revenge has worked quickly and my left side aches.  So of course, that's not helping make this any easier.



That, and it took over an hour just to separate all the clothes for washing.




I have so much work ahead of me and so much laundry.  But I know somewhere there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  There has to be.  We have guests coming on Tuesday.  And I know me.  Even if other people will doubt me,  I know what I'm capable of.  It's going to get done.  But it doesn't mean I don't get to grumble about it.  Or laugh.  Or bring this moment up in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment