Saturday, May 3, 2014

So that's what snow looks like...

On May 2nd of last year, it snowed in Kansas.  Mister Man was already living in California and was happily bragging about the weather.  I haven't seen snow since last May and I haven't missed it.  At all.


Not even a little.



And if I ever do miss snow, I can just do what we did today and drive to Tahoe.


Other than driving through Tahoe the day we arrived from Kansas, this was our first day trip there.  It felt like a completely different world, like we were on vacation.  California does that to us though.  This amazing thing happens.  We somehow magically take vacations in a day.  I hope this magic never wears off.  It's my favorite part about now living here.


I wish I could share processed photos of our day, but my new Photoshop has been cranky.  Which annoys me to no end since I bought it to replace my old Photoshop which was also cranky and stopped working.  Unfortunately, you will just have to take these photos for what they are: far too many from the camera with no editing.  But it will at least give you an idea of the beauty the Eldorado National Forest and South Lake Tahoe has to offer.



































































It'd be even prettier without all of the litter.








































He (or she) was eyeing our food.




























































We don't know why, but The Redhead was obsessed with tossing pine cones into the lake.
























The pine cones were great until she realized they were cutting her hands.

















No comments:

Post a Comment