Sunday, December 8, 2013

This time, I baked for us


It was inedible.  Seriously.



It all started with some cheap supplies.  Which would explain a lot.  The Retail Giant and the 99 Cent Store were good places to shop for those.  Only the cheapest for my family.





I enlisted The Redhead for this one.  We mixed one and a half cups of cinnamon.  And yes, I meant cups.  And one cup of applesauce.  



The Redhead enjoyed playing in the mess.  But after a while, it was hard on the hands, so I eventually took over.











And after all of that hard work...it wasn't even edible.





Someone defaced our beauties!


I forgot to poke some holes in them, so I took them out, but the mat was slippery, and flipped.  And all those little lovelies were places they weren't supposed to be.  Some of them fell apart.  Luckily, the dough was still soft, so they had a bit of a do-over.  A second chance.




Much better.














Just wait until those babies are on our tree!



I also did some more baking.  For us.


And thanks to Raley's for having 4 pounds of oranges for $2.49.  They were so yummy.  I hated that after I was finished with them, they too were inedible.  Bummer.

















Then, after making two batches of inedibles, it was time to make something we could eat.  Mister Man had been dropping notorious hints for Snickerdoodles.





But I had another item in mind for Monday.  Mini cupcakes.





The frosting wasn't sure it wanted to behave.




But after thirty minutes more, it cooperated.  I'm not sure what its problem was.













I stole two for The Redhead since she didn't get to taste them.  I highly doubt the Snickerdoodles will make it past Mister Man's office.  But as unusually cold as Sacramento has been this weekend, playing in the oven was a good use of my time.  And it's going to be a beautiful use of my time here shortly.



No comments:

Post a Comment