Monday, December 23, 2013

The Baking Extravaganza has Ended

Despite being sick, I'm still attempting to enjoy the festivities.  This time of year hasn't always been my favorite as today marks my late father's birthday.  But I try to find ways to distract myself, like my personal baking challenge.


Unbeknownst to you, I completed my baking project yesterday evening, but you wouldn't know that, because I didn't always blog about it.  So if a blog post is never posted, did it actually happen?


Yes, yes it did.  Just like that tree fell in the woods, it still happened.



All of them happened.  I never missed baking for Mister Man's office.  Never once.  And if they didn't gain a pound or two in that time, I am impressed.



One didn't work out quite so well, an attempt at this egg nog truffle recipe.  I ended up not trusting its use of flour in an unbaked runny project, so I ended up baking the mix and sort of turning them into egg nog snickerdoodles.  That worked a lot better.  Luckily, at the same time, I also decided to try something I meant to make this season.  I had this random idea one day after glancing at some really awesome Pop Rocks at The Retail Giant.  And that idea?  It was beyond epic.





I ended up stuffing the brownie balls with pop rocks!











Then when I really wasn't feeling well, I poured some White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms into some brownie batter and called it a day.





And I ended the project with this:












I only made a couple with hats, as I'm not well enough to have the patience for that.  And doing it with gloves on just makes it all the more difficult.  But they were cute enough.



I already have in mind some items I would do for next year, if I were to take on this project again.  I know I have a whole huge Pinterestese board full of ideas.  And even though it was insane, I had a lot of fun breaking in our new kitchen on California soil.  And it's not like I won't be baking again anytime soon.  I hear Santa likes cookies...


No comments:

Post a Comment