Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Bloody Holidays!




This is the aftermath of my latest holiday experiment.  I had this grand idea.  Noble, crazy, ridiculous idea; as often happens.  And that paper towel is proof of the results.  Proof that my latest project went slightly...awry; as my projects often do.



You see, I had this insane notion to bake for Mister Man's office every work day this month until Christmas.  Starting now.  I wanted to fatten them all up.  Right after their turkey feast and vacation.  Keep shoving the good stuff at them.  Give me an extra motivation for baking, blogging, for getting into the holiday spirit.  I never could have done this last year.  Ever.  I was in the middle of a long stretch of mandatory overtime hours for the company I worked for. And as much as I loved that company, as much as I love working, I really, really love to bake.  I love the smells in my kitchen.  I love the holidays.  I love fattening people up.  I love when it doesn't end up impacting my waistline.


I love making bloody messes.



Especially this kind.



Red velvet.


Oh yeah.  I'm not even kidding.



















I kept them simple today.  Does red velvet need to be fancier?  Really?  Can it be?  The only thing better than simple red velvet cupcakes would be a red velvet armadillo cake.  But that's not for Christmas.  Well....I guess it could be.  And yes, my kitchen was a bloody mess afterwards.  Just as it should be.  JUST AS IT SHOULD BE!



A bloody, yummy, velvety mess.  A precious, delightful start to the holidays.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment