Sunday, October 6, 2013

Just some easy touches


We haven't even started on picking a color for the outside of the house, but we were ready to get rid of that tacky old light fixture.  Thanks to a 10% off coupon, we bought this from Home Depot along with some other supplies, and it looks better already.  It may match the brown on the house, but only until next spring.  That is assuming I settle on a paint color by then.  (I better!)



Mister Man did his part and suddenly I realized, I needed to work on those tacky gold house numbers.



  
We all decided on black spray paint, and yet, somehow, I painted the numbers white anyway. 



 Oops.
 


So, I learned something new as I painted them that night.  The paint did this crackling effect.  And I kind of liked it.








But once I put them on the house, I realized that even though they look fine in a close up photograph, far away, you couldn't see them.  So back to white they went.  But at least they're not gold anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment