Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It Runs in the Family



My kid is a genius.  Just like her mother.  Actually, I really am a genius.  Genius IQ and everything.  I have no idea what The Redhead's IQ is, but for coming up with this brilliant scheme?  I'm guessing it's quite high.  And she has to be mine after all, because this is something true to my heart.  True to my soul.  

Because I love socks.  


Love love love them.

L O V E.



In fact, in high school, I had a sports column, and in one of my articles, I wrote about socks.  Along with basketball.  Anyway, it went together at the time, but there was this line I favored that said, "So remember boys and girls, the word of the day is 'socks;' wear them well."  And I've stolen that line a few times since.  




So, The Redhead's school had a crazy sock day and she asks me if I'd be willing to put socks in her hair.  Like ponytails. And I'm all, "ARE YOU KIDDING, ME?!"  


That would be my version of a "yes," in case you were wondering.



I have never been more proud.


I mean, what's better?!  The correct answer would be, "nothing."



And she was the only one like this, but I'm guessing, just a wild guess, next crazy sock day...you'll see this more than once.  Because it's that awesome.



And yes, we've already thought of what we'd do in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment