Monday, October 7, 2013

I'm Becoming Obsessed. Again.

Something about me that isn't new- I'm obsessive.  I just am.  I always have been.  Not usually about people.  I'm too socially awkward for all that.  But habits...themes...and HOLIDAYS.  Oh yeah.  Obsessive.  It gets so serious that sometimes I wonder if I'll end up committed.  It's only a matter of time.


This year we're in a new house, new state, new kind of fall, and I have time to work on decorations...at regular hours!  Not at 4 in the morning!  So...what does this mean?  I've gone mad.  And not my normal "gone mad."  Oh no.  This is almost like that time I recreated Wonderland for The Redhead's seventh birthday and wouldn't stop until I recreated as many characters as I could using colored poster board.  It was complete madness and I just couldn't stop.  I'm not sure I tried, but if I had...I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have worked.  Wonderland wasn't even my thing, but you wouldn't have known it by looking at that party.

















And I colored over thirty coloring books pages in detail.  I never knew coloring could cause so much pain.  But it can.  It did.

And that's just a glimpse of my former Wonderland obsession.  That doesn't include the party activities, the food, all of the hours I spent planning and creating.  Imagine how crushed I was when a couple people were critiquing everything after the party and said I didn't have it as well planned as I usually do.  I'm sure they had no idea how it came across, but I felt obliterated.  And again, Wonderland wasn't even my thing.  (And if you want to see the rest of that party, you can go here:  http://catchmyparty.com/parties/madness-in-wonderland)


Halloween.  I'm turning Halloween into my thing.  It didn't used to be my thing, but each year, I'm getting more into it.  I blame The Redhead.  It's HER holiday.  And when something's not my thing, I overcompensate, just so no one can tell it's not my thing.  (Actually, that's not why I do it, at all.  I just overdo EVERYTHING.)  And I think it's because PARTIES are my thing.  And since we started having our annual Halloween party, I just get more into it each year.  I make a lot of my own "stuff."  I buy some "stuff."  I turn some of my normal stuff INTO Halloween "stuff."  I often even use Dollar Tree finds!  And never underestimate the power of spiderwebs!  You can add those to anything!


This year I've discovered the 99 Cent store and they have awesome things to add to my collection of obsessions. And I just can't get enough of these projects.  I can't stop.  It really is Wonderland all over again.


So where is the proof?  Oh, it's coming.  They're coming.  You're just going to have to wait for it.



I've gone mad.  Again.




No comments:

Post a Comment