Thursday, October 3, 2013

A New Kind of Fall

It's fall, but you can't tell.





It doesn't really feel like fall here in Sacramento.  Most days are 80s, the sun shines brightly, and everything is still very green.  Flip flops and shorts are still a wardrobe staple, I still have to water my plants, and the fans are still going.



But it can still look fall here.  Even without maple and oak trees lining the streets with falling leaves.  This?  This is better.  I don't have to rake anything.




And if I want to smell fall, all I have to do is pop some wax into my Scentsy.  Done.


That picket fence spent a decade as our headboard in Kansas.  I brought it along knowing I'd use it somehow in the backyard.  But instead, he's become an awesome prop.


It's amazing the fun I can have with burlap, a Sharpie, stencils, and some twine.


 I had this idea to wrap burlap around some potted mums.  2 yards was plenty, but I bought three just in case.  If you use a 40% coupon at Hobby Lobby, three yards is less than $7.50.  Perfect!  And the plastic pots were from the 99 cent store.  The mums were 98 cents at Home Depot. I already had the twine.





If you can't tell, burlap goes a long ways.  I just can't get enough of this stuff.  And each week, I find a new way to incorporate it into my fall display!


I love my wreath!  It's not necessarily done.  But with a $4.99 grapevine wreath from Hobby Lobby (I forgot to use a coupon, seriously), some 69 cent fall bouquets from Michael's, and some more burlap, I love the addition.  All it took to hang it was a suction hook I found at Hobby Lobby, on sale for $1.79. 


Now if only I had gotten rid of the stripes on the house already.....



Yeah, I couldn't just stop with the front door and the fountain grass.  My display has now grown.  Maybe I'll finally allow myself to be done.  Either way, you can tell it's fall here!

No comments:

Post a Comment