Monday, October 21, 2013

It's like we have a rose garden

When Mister Man told me this house came with roses, I thought we could just dig them up and give them away on the side of the road or Craigslist.  And I thought there were just a few bushes.



And then he explained they were mature roses.



And I still thought we could give them away.



Then I thought we'd just use a chainsaw.



But then suddenly, I became attached to them.  Well, not really.  Some time between snapping a phone picture and sending it to my friend, A, or to my mother-in-law, maybe a couple to my mother, I started to almost enjoy seeing them.  I'm still not a fan of roses. But for whatever reason, I can't just kill them.  The lady who previously owned this house took such good care of them, up to the time she moved.  She's pruned these roses since before I was born.  Since before 1979!  That's a long time.



Those are some mature roses.




So, I guess we have a rose garden.  For now.


























No comments:

Post a Comment