Saturday, April 5, 2014

What the people at Amazon must think...



When I placed my order, my order of various medical supplies and science equipment, I couldn't help but wonder what the people at Amazon might think, the ones filling my order.  After all, here I am ordering many items in bulk, as that's the only way to get specimen cups, biohazard bags, and pipettes, among other items.  And my mind started wandering.  Because it does that from time to time.





I could be cloning.  I could be illegally researching stem cells.  I could be warping DNA.  I could be illegally harvesting body organs, selling them on the Internet.  I could be designing pharmaceutical drugs.  I could be designing biological warfare.








But I'm not.  And sadly, no one at Amazon probably cares enough.  And I don't blame them.  That's not their job.  They're probably not noticing that all these items are going to a small house in California.  And if they did, there's more of a chance they think I'm using them for good, than for anything evil.  It's kind of saddening, really.  But my imagination was getting the best of me.






And maybe I could use the leftovers for some of those random thoughts of mine.  After all, I will have plenty of leftovers.  And I am a curious sort of person.  And it's not like The Redhead's science party will need all of those supplies.  (Actually, I do have other ideas for the leftovers, but how cool would it be to be an actual mad scientist?!)








And even if the Amazon people didn't notice, I want to continue thinking they did.  Because it's more comical that way.  And life's better with comical scenarios.  A mother buying supplies for authentic details at her child's party just isn't nearly as intriguing.  Or funny.








No comments:

Post a Comment