Friday, April 25, 2014

An Important Anniversary Date

April 25, 2013: Mister Man started his job in Sacramento.  It was a Thursday.




If you must know, the prior Monday, he left Kansas at 3am while The Redhead and I slept.  He drove through icy conditions and snow and hit a detour during his travels in Colorado and Wyoming.  Luckily he made it safely to Utah, stayed overnight, made it to Sacramento by 1 on a Tuesday.  Had all of Wednesday to explore and went to his first California workday that Thursday.



I'm glad he still likes his job.  After one year.  It doesn't even feel like one year.  He agrees.  I'm not sure if it's because we didn't join him here until over two months later, or if it's because it was all just a blur to us.  But regardless....he likes his career here.  And we're settled.





April 25th was a pivotal day for us.  I'm blessed to look back on that day with fondness, rather than regret and bitterness.  If you had asked me a year ago, I'm not sure I would have told you that was possible.  Yes, we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment