Monday, January 27, 2014

The Results of Laundry Day


Mondays are Laundry Day.  Not everyone does all of their laundry in one day, but I do.  I mentioned this once before, but I started this when I worked full-time nights.  I was still on a day schedule come Monday, so I got all the laundry done because it was my only opportunity to do so.  I discovered during this time that we had enough clothes and there wasn't a need to do it more often, so I've just kept to that routine.  


And while doing a jeans load, I decided to toss in my geometry Toms.  Well, unfortunately, I also put in a scoop of Oxyclean, and now my shoes are no longer that solid navy blue color with sharp contrast.  Now they look like faded denim.  I almost cried at first, but I think I can live with them.  They're just really different all of a sudden.


Other results of laundry day?  Well, I watched a lot of Season 2 of New Girl on DVD, courtesy of the wonder that is the library.  I watch DVDs on Monday while doing laundry.  It's a lovely excuse to pin me down, and this way, I get every single piece of laundry put away, and that's really important to me these days.  I also went through a box of beauty products that were still confined to the garage.  And next thing you know, I ended up with red toenails, a clay mask on my face, gleaming hair from some shampoo sample, and this lotion all over my skin that was supposed to smell like honey, but smells more like dishwater.  Did I mention I watched A LOT of New Girl, Season Two?


And before the day was done, I took advantage of a super deal from my favorite Bath & Body store. Because obviously, I needed MORE products.


And do you know what I say about that day?


Well done.  Well done, Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment