Wednesday, January 1, 2014

So this how they ring in the New Year...




Perhaps in California, their idea of ringing in the New Year involves setting off fireworks before 6 pm all the way past 1 am.  And randomly thereafter, even after 2.



But that's not how I like to do things.  My Newfoundland doesn't either.  Nor does the cat.



But alas, all night long, we would randomly hear fireworks shooting off, and we continued to hear them into the wee small hours of the morning.  Happy 2014.  Good luck getting some rest.  However, we were still safe in our home with each other, surrounded by a multitude of blessings, consoling our dog Stitch and telling her all would be okay.  We had never been so happy we hadn't left her at home alone.



One of my questions I'd love to ask the locals though would be the schedule of such fireworks.  There wasn't a specific pattern of times they shot them off.  It wasn't on the hour.  It wasn't even every half hour.  It was randomly.  I'm a girl who likes patterns.  I blame my genius IQ, but I demand a pattern.  Have a schedule, please.  And it's not like fireworks on New Year's Eve is a foreign concept for me, but ALL NIGHT LONG?  Even seven minutes before the clock struck 12?  REALLY?!


Regardless of the perplexities, I'm sure glad we were home.  Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment