Sunday, January 19, 2014

I've been summoned

Kansas misses me.  They miss my idiosyncrasies.  My strange politics.  My recycling addiction.  My Toms shoes.    My geeky ways.  I knew it would happen sooner or later.



And so I've been summoned.




For jury duty.




They miss me, that must be it.  Of course. Why wouldn't they?  But I'm afraid, I just can't make it.  I did enjoy filling out the questionnaire though.


"Approximately how far round trip is your house to the courthouse?"

I thought about being exact, but they asked, "approximately," so I jotted down, "3,500 plus miles."



"Is there any reason you think you should be excused from jury duty?"


I answered: "I live in California."



But if they want to pay my way, I'm sure we could work out an arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment