Friday, November 22, 2013

You Should be Thankful for Your Teacher




You should be thankful for all of your child's teachers.  I know I am.  Including our prior teachers.  And her crossing guard.  


I also get angry when people say things like, "they have an easy job.  They're off during the summers."


Rubbish.




However, while we're on that topic, briefly, let me say that it seems like my child has hardly been in school this month.  They were off the 11th, the 15th, minimum days all this week (they have been getting out at 11:10!) and they're out all next week.  And then The Redhead missed two days this week, sick with a stomach virus.



And today we had our teacher conference.  It was supposed to be Tuesday, but The Redhead was ill.  It went amazingly well.  But I wasn't worried.



Don't forget the people who see your children almost as much as you do, sometimes even more.  Even if it's just a card, or a bottle of soap, a candy bar.  Maybe even bring them a drink.  They're the ones staying behind in the classroom after the students go home.  They're even there on the weekends.  They wipe dirty faces.  Hand them tissues.  Make sure your kid remembers their manners.  They're not just a teacher,  they're a second parent.



I'm certainly thankful for them.  And thankful I don't have their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment