Monday, November 11, 2013

We're Free Birds

As grateful as I am to have had the day off with The Redhead so we could see the movie Free Birds, I am even more grateful for all the men and women (and their families) that this day honors.  But I sure did enjoy having The Redhead home.



And even though it was a holiday, I also started tackling my Monday to-do list, which always includes laundry.  I started this routine when I worked nights.  I had myself on a day schedule for the weekends, would stay on that schedule so I could get things done, like laundry for the week, then I'd go to work for the whole night and my week would go from there.  It was a crazy long day, but it was the only time I had to do laundry, so I had to make it worthwhile. (And laundry wasn't the only task I tackled on Mondays.  I was a driven machine.)  After that, I learned that I really only needed to do laundry once a week.  There are only three of us, we have just enough clothes (The Redhead has even more) and it works.



The best part though?  The kitty.  This is her favorite time too because she can keep playing fetch while I'm sorting laundry.  And she just LOVES that.  LOVES.  The happiest kitty in the world.  She makes laundry fun, and I'm always game for that.


Another secretly fun part?  I make it a point to get all the laundry put away on Mondays as well, because just between the two of us....that NEVER happened when I was working constantly.  And I've never been more grateful to put away my laundry.



It's kind of freeing actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment