Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Do it Now Approach

Since moving, I have adopted a "do it now" approach, or at least have attempted to.


I've attempted to seize the opportunity now.  Make time for the now.  To not put everything off.  To put my own household a priority.



It wasn't so easy before.  I was pulling myself in a million directions, not wanting to disappoint anyone. And for the most part, I did okay.  It wasn't always pretty, it wasn't always fabulous, but I got through it.  But there were a lot of things I didn't get to.  Things that really only pertained to me.  Or things that only mattered in my household.  And when I did get to them, it didn't always go as smoothly as it should have, because I was so worn out.



And I've made up for a lot since.  I've been on top of most things.  I've been changing my ways, training myself for when I do shove myself and my family into a chaotic routine again.  Because I know there will be a time.  And just like any sport, it takes a lot of training.  And there's always a more efficient way to do it.



But in all my training, I did sort of put off one of the things I started months ago...and didn't do until yesterday.


It's Sunny D time, that time of year you send in 20 Sunny D UPCs for your child's teacher, and they get 20 books for their classroom in return.  I started filling out the application months ago.


Oops.  So how is that Do It Now Approach working out?  Well, uh...





Does it count that I already sent the one in for our favorite Kansas sitter/ now Kindergarten teacher?




So, I ran out to the Dollar Tree yesterday to buy five more Sunny D products so we could steal their UPCs.  At least it's not the 30th yet.  I'm ahead of last year's schedule...



No comments:

Post a Comment