Monday, November 24, 2014

Snakes and Stone

One thing I can count on with The Redhead is that she picks interesting costumes for Halloween.  She's often frightening and creepy and anything but girly.  But this year....she was almost girly in some ways.





And yet she's so much more than that.





So much scarier than that.





She's Medusa.  Or at least she was.




And if that wasn't interesting enough, a friend of hers was also Medusa.  In the exact same costume, the same expensive catalog costume, with most of the same accessories, minus the gladiator sandals from Gymboree.  The girls allegedly never discussed the costume until the week before her party.  Were they upset they were the same thing?  Not in the slightest.  They were thrilled.  Seriously.  And I couldn't be more relieved.









As for other Halloween moments, we decided to pass out Cheetoh's this year.





And we gave her class notebooks.  I had bought these for pennies during the school supply clearance deals at Target.



It's amazing how much kids love notebooks.  I attached clear plastic pencil pouches I bought on clearance as well.





I wasn't there when they were passed out, but The Redhead said everyone liked them.



I attached them with ribbon.  It doesn't look like I put a lot in there, and that sort of bothered me, but well, they received enough.  And I need to be okay with that.


As for the teachers, last year, I usually just put a full sized Hershey's bar in their envelope with their cards.  Then I went to buy their Hershey's bars and they had gone up in price!  Even the six packs!  So thanks to a CVS deal on chocolate, I spent the same amount and had enough candy for the teachers, goody bags for the neighbor kids, AND still some left in the bowl for Mister Man's office.





I'm so glad I bought those goody bag sets 90% off from the Hobby Lobbyists last year.





The Redhead and Mister Man were hard at work on their pumpkins.





I wasn't sure I liked their idea of using one of my container lids....






Halloween was also crazy hair day and this was requested by The Redhead.



And that's what we gave her teacher.




I had found these nifty nail stickers at the 99 Cent Store.



We even had enough for her toenails!






The Redhead so proud of her Medusa nails.  They didn't last long, but they were still awesome.




And this was my pumpkin.  Because every Whovian Household needs a Tardis.






Then I had to take out the spider so we could get Medusa's hair going.




I was amazed how easily this went.




One crown braid and lots of glow in the dark snakes laced through.  The lacing took some work, but I was quite excited how it ended up looking.



And our Halloween night version of Medusa was near perfection.




And the red eye only make her more realistic.


























I attempted mummy dogs, but I ran out of time to make them look more like mummies.








Did I mention how excited I was about her hair?





Well, I was.






She insisted on carrying her werewolf basket again.







She thoroughly enjoyed posing for photos.




















It did rain that night.  If we hadn't severely needed the rain, I would have been INCREDIBLY angry.  but well, we needed the rain.










Then she did this thing where she separates out all of her candy.  The Halloween Goblin still visits our house, so she leaves out what she doesn't want, and the Goblin then leaves her a gift the next day.






She was nice and gave me this cute little roll of Rolo's.





It pains me it took this long to share our Halloween, but these things take time. And luckily, no one turned into stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment