Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Save the Lizards!



Mister Man and I were talking last night before bed and he mentioned frilled lizards and The Redhead.  I had no idea what he meant.  Granted, I had gone out to see Horrible Bosses 2, but he said The Redhead had actually been working on this project when he came home from work.  How had I missed this?  Probably because dinner doesn't cook itself.  But what if it did?



So he went and showed me.  Her light was still on, so we were trying to be quiet.  She's been engrossed in the sequel to The Hunger Games (I know, I know, she's only ten, but she reads better than most High Schoolers).



I couldn't get over this.






Apparently she has decided she should make it her mission to save the endangered frilled lizards.  I also was a child out to save humanity and endangered creatures, so I was certainly inspired and intrigued.










What I found most interesting though was that this was the exact same child who had me rolling earlier the same day after she announced that she put the baby in the fireplace on Minecraft and then set it on fire and shortly thereafter, a tiny tombstone showed up.  Pardon me if you read this on Facebook already, but she was excited she earned a special achievement on Minecraft that read, "For Science, You Monster."  Another character then asked her, "what is wrong with you?"  After that, she set off to adopt another child.  She told me how she's already gone through three.  One of them died somehow by suffocation in a brick wall, or something like that.  She was then upset when she found out that the priest she adopts the kids from had died.  I was both deeply disturbed and laughing, all at the same time.




And then I learned about frilled lizards.  As a parent, I like that there are so many layers to this strange little child of mine.  Disturbing, frightful, inspiring, laughable layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment