Wednesday, November 5, 2014

(Almost) Too Sick to Shop

I didn't do my usual Truck Tuesday shopping at a favorite store yesterday.  And that's a big deal for me.  Then today was the day Target's Halloween clearance would hit 90% off, and it was 10 in the morning and I was still arguing with myself about whether or not I should go.  Rather, I already knew I shouldn't go.  That's when you know I'm sick.  I use these sales for the classroom, donations, goody bags, our annual parties, and here I was skipping out on the festivities.  I'm the girl who used to work, whether she had pneumonia or not.  So missing out on one of my favorite sales?  Yeah, that's unheard of.



Or not.


At 11 o clock, I was finally through the doors at the Target closest to me.  I picked this one based on the Urgent Care at the corner and the hospital less than three blocks away.  You may think I'm overreacting, but the pain I'm in isn't a laughing matter, I assure you.  Think back labor.  Think kidney stones.  Think kidney infection.  Think appendicitis.  Think whatever you want.  My body is overheating, it hurts to walk, eating and drinking hurts me so I refuse to do it, so none of this makes for a healthy combination for shopping.  And instead of grabbing a shopping cart, what do I do?  I grab a hand basket.  Out of habit.  



Don't worry.  I don't expect you to pity me.  Feel free to laugh at me and call me names.  I know I am, I know I did.  I'm all about self-deprecation.  You should see the silly, yet degrading texts I sent Mister Man as I finished up shopping.  I even referred to myself as a "moron."




I did end up finding some wonderful things, and managed to get my two full hand baskets to the front without passing out.  By the time I made it to the cashier, I was in the home stretch and yet fully regretting my decision to do such a ridiculous stunt.  Sure, I only spent $20, right under it, in fact.  Sure, I made it home alive.  Sure, I found some great hidden finds.  But I seriously had no business doing any of it.  And even though I normally would hit about five more Targets, I took my delirious rear home.  I learned my lesson.  And I left plenty of wonderful finds behind.





That's a pretty impressive haul for a sick lady at 11:20am.




For less than $20.




I wish I had realized the bubble tape was only 30 cents.  I would have bought more.




  I'm going to use that lightning bolt in some way for July's Hogwarts party.  There was A LOT of tissue, 13 cents a box, but honestly, I couldn't carry anymore and I didn't have the energy to go get a cart.




The bears were only 49 cents!  And The Redhead has been eyeing those pom pom spiders.  For 50 cents, it was worth it finally.





Those pink skeleton pajamas?  99 cents.



Those pink skeleton sock sets?  49 cents.  The striped lunch bags?  19 cents.  They had soooooo many.




That creepy ski mask with gloves? $1.29.




The cat has already stolen her toys.  Somehow she knew they were hers.  Or perhaps took them anyway.  Cats are sociopaths after all.





Yeah, just 49 cents.









Gosh, I haven't had this much fun since school supply clearance.  And garden stuff.




And July toy clearance that happened on Harry Potter's birthday. And mine. And I'm fairly certain I was selfish and never shared my finds.  Apparently I never took a photo of my cheap stack of Angry Birds board games either.  Just imagine them.  And how I spent $30 for like 18 or more of them.  Seriously...

























 For a sick girl, I sure scored some fabulous deals.  I'm going back to rest now.  But at least I don't have Ebola. 




No comments:

Post a Comment