Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Feta for Dinner





This week, I knew we would have pulled pork on Monday.  Steak tacos on Tuesday.  And feta Wednesday. I only knew we'd have feta.  That's it.  Just feta.



I had no idea what exactly I'd make using that feta.




This all came to be because I bought a 16 ounce container of feta cheese at the 99 cent store last week.  I've perused feta cheese recipes on Pinterest numerous times, but had yet to settle on one.  So I started my search again this evening after 5:30.  Which is long after I normally would start dinner.


After determining I didn't want to go buy extra ingredients that I would need, I finally found a recipe that used items I had.  And with luck, I still have plenty of feta left for next week.  My cheese expires on the 6th, so I have time to try another recipe!  Which also means I have plenty of time to buy the extra ingredients I needed.  Like spinach.  And heavy cream.



While my dish doesn't exactly look like the picture on the website, I can report to you that it was indeed safe for consumption and that no one has died yet.  I'm hoping I will continue to finally make these things from the Pinterestese and report back to you.  If you too want to try your hand at this concoction, you can find the recipe here:  Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce



I'm just glad I finally made something to go with that feta.  Only feta for dinner wouldn't have been the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment