Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Beginning Soccer with a Splash

By the time we moved out here last summer, enrollment for soccer had long since passed.  So, we've waited a year to get back into it, a sport we have played since Kindergarten, fall and spring seasons.  The Redhead was excited to finally get out there again.  We met our new team last Wednesday at our Coach's lovely home and had our first practice last night.  If she's a bit rusty on the field, ninety minute Monday and Wednesday practices should help her out.  



I happened to take a few photos from last week's pool party.  Just in case you wondered if I'm capable of taking pictures of anyone else, they are all mostly of The Redhead on purpose.  I didn't ask permission to post photos of other children, nor will I.  As a parent, I choose to have this blog and share photos of The Redhead and our adventures.  I can't make that decision for others.  But I'm sure you understand.













So far, we really like our new coach's style.  He has them out on the field running and constantly moving in some way.  In Kansas, by this age, the teams are drafted, and also coed, so it's nice to see her on a team of girls, all just learning.  We have no idea what the season holds, but we hope she has a lot of fun.  After all, the season doesn't end until November 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment