Saturday, August 23, 2014

99 Reasons: The Crazy Broom Lady

This trip deserves its absolute own post.  I didn't buy only these that day, but that doesn't matter.



These must have their own post.



You might wonder, like many people in the store this past Tuesday, why on earth would a person purchase so many plastic brooms?  Or you may just wonder, "what on earth are those?"  But the question you should be asking is, "who knew plastic brooms like those existed?!"  At least, that's the question I asked myself, only after I dashed down to their location and started filling my arms with these lovely little beasts.



Because who couldn't use a Harry Potter broom?



Okay...so either you have no idea what I'm typing about, or you are asking "Those are from Harry Potter?"  Well, to me, and other non-Muggle folk, those brooms are THE perfect brooms for our magical world.  And I've been wondering for weeks how exactly I would provide brooms for The Redhead's next birthday.  Yes, a person can spend weeks pondering such things.  And sure, her party isn't until July 11 of 2015...but we plan things early around here.  She has wanted her eleventh bash to be Hogwarts' themed for quite some time.  I'm merely obliging.  At least that is what I'm going to tell you.



I figured I would construct my own brooms.  However, I had intended to watch for old style decorative brooms just in case, because I have bought them from the Dollar Tree in the past.  But imagine my shock and delight when I turned the corner just shortly after walking inside my favorite store and seeing these on the bottom of the display shelf.  I thought I was seeing things!  These perfectly whimsical wonders waiting just for me.  And only for me.  They were $1.29 a piece, but they were worth every single penny.  In fact, I had no idea they were even $1.29, but it wouldn't have stopped me.  These were better than wicker and wood.  They were better than anything I could have made.  And come next July, over a dozen little wizarding proteges will be flying from them, just you wait.



It was awkward carrying them throughout the store, stacked on my arms as I was holding a little shopping basket as full as can be with freezer items.  Also, I lost count how many people stopped to ask me what I was going to do with so many brooms.  I proudly told them.  I'm sure they thought I was nuts, but what they mistake for crazy, I regard as genius.  I know the man in the parking lot who stopped me may not have agreed, but I assure you, complete genius.  And if I want to throw such a party right, I have to start planning ahead.  It will be a sweeping success, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment