Sunday, August 24, 2014

99 Reasons: The Freezer's Full

Believe it or not, I don't grab every good buy I discover in a 99 Cent Only store.  I recently found Yoplait 18 count in a box.  I considered purchasing them for the bonus five box tops, but alas, I did not.  I can't eat yogurt, and I knew no one else in my household would either.  I also recently found New York and Company halter sweaters in a store.  I found 24 pack of Nestle Creamers.  I have found countless awesome freezer and baking items I didn't need.  Hostess Zingers in a big box.  Hostess banana nut muffins in a big box.  And those are just the items I can think of offhand.





These we actually did need.  Well, we didn't.  And technically, Mister Man didn't need them.  But he has been enjoying the discount treats I've found a little too much and said he would prefer some low calorie options.  When I found these things, I knew he would be pleased.  




I was excited to find these reusable tote bags.  They open into a larger tote bag.  I thought they'd be good for last minute gift bags for teachers and friends.




I was very excited about these.  I just know I'm going to put some muffins in them for our annual Halloween party in October.




I have a raven obsession that grew last Halloween, as I can't think of many things scarier and more fitting for Halloween.  Hitchcock's The Birds.  Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven, anyone?




Then this happened.  This massive purchase the same day I became the crazy broom lady.  I went to two different stores that day knowing it was one of their truck days.  The Redhead is back in school, so I thought I'd go explore what treasures they could possibly have unloaded into the stores.  I spent more money than I ever do, with good reason.




Of course, finding room for it all was a challenge.










Getting a picture of my haul took a lot more effort than usual.  And I was just so thrilled, I could hardly contain my excitement.  It was such a lucky day.  Brooms.  Freezer items.







Champagne toppers, what??!




I had spotted some items that were being stocked in the freezer and the lady working told me if I wanted anything, to let her know, and we'd take them from the boxes, and not the shelves.  So, just as she was filling my purple shopping basket as full as it could be (I only use handheld baskets, I never use a cart), she was telling me about another goody she had spotted and asked me if I wanted it.  I had no idea how good she meant.  But 60 count?!  WHOA!



Mister Man has been begging for Bagel Bites for years.  $1 for a 24 count?  Sure!  Just don't expect me to eat them.  Getting it all to fit in the freezer was quite the feat.  Just when I thought I would have to knock on a neighbor's door and offer them some free items, I finally condensed enough and perfected my Jenga puzzle that everything fit.  Eventually.



I was really excited about the orange juice!  I've been fighting something in my lungs for a couple weeks now.  It has been exhausting me and even though I have told myself I should be drinking some orange juice, I keep forgetting to actually buy it.



BAKING CHOCOLATE?! WHAT?!  Any baker would know how awesome of a deal these bars are. These will help get me through at least some of my December baking. Anyone familiar with good chocolate would know Milka is wonderful.  The Redhead is incredibly fond of Milkinis.




I hate Twinkies.  Sometimes I forget how much I hate Twinkies, but I remember as soon as I bite into one.  However, not everyone does hate them.  And $1 a box is certainly better than $3.  We bought a box a while back and just recently used them for their intended purpose- minion cupcakes.  Unfortunately, I do like those donuts.  I wish I didn't.




We just found these lovelies yesterday.  Those lemon bars are so yummy I'm glad I only bought one box!




I grab these easy sandwiches sometimes when I have to eat lunch in a hurry, which is usually what happens.  That, or I forget to eat lunch entirely.  I don't drink the smoothies, so I apologize for the amount of them that probably make it into the landfills.  So sorry!



Now you can get a clear idea of how crazy our pantry/freezer/cabinets are.  But never fear.  We have no regrets.  None, whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment