Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Perfect Use for Plastic Eggs



I know a couple people thought I was a hoarder last year as we were packing up our lives for moving.  I certainly felt like one.  And it was no different as I was proclaiming how we had to save all the bags of plastic eggs that were abandoned in my basement.  I mean, really??  Plastic eggs?  Terra, come on now.  But I knew what I was going to do with those eggs, even last year.  I knew they'd somehow be part of a wreath.  Just another cheap project made with the help of my pal, Mr. Glue Gun.  Those eggs were bought last year at both 80% off and 90% off at Hobby Lobby.  I'm glad I bought several packages of those tiny plastic eggs, because otherwise, I wouldn't have had enough.  I used every last one.  And maybe you can't tell, but they aren't standard sized plastic eggs.  They're much smaller, which is part of what drew me towards them. This wreath isn't perfect.  I can point out all sorts of things I'd change, just like with any quick project.  But there's a simple sweetness factor going for it that I admire.  That, and bringing them from Kansas wasn't completely pointless.  Fortunately.  That vintage ribbon came in handy too.  And that wreath I bought for a different project.  I love it when a project was meant to be and when it barely costs anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment